One of the most frustrating things that an individual might have to deal with in life is carrying excess weight. In addition to making people susceptible to diseases like depression and diabetes, these extra pounds can detract from self-esteem and make it difficult to enjoy daily activities like a walk in the park or long bicycle ride. Luckily, there are many weight loss strategies and systems that you can implement to start losing the excess pounds that are detracting from your quality of life. Here are three tips that you might find particularly helpful:
Weight loss is all in the mind, and this is why meditation is your big key to shedding excess weight and keeping it off. When you sit in silence in a secluded area for an extended period of time each day, you’ll be able to attain a greater awareness of any self-defeating thoughts that might be precluding you from losing weight. Also know that meditation facilitates the weight loss process by fighting stress and thereby precluding the production and release of cortisol, a hormone that is linked to weight gain.
2. Develop A Meal Plan.
Food is believed to be the single most important factor in facilitating long-term weight loss. As such, it’s immensely important for you to develop a meal plan that will help your body lose weight correctly. Note that fad diets are not healthy and can do deep, long-standing damage to your metabolism. Instead of jumping on the diet bandwagon, be sure to find delicious, nutritious recipes that you’ll enjoy eating. Note that the internet is full of thousands and thousands of free, amazing recipes that you can use throughout your weight loss journey.
3. Obtain Professional Guidance.
One final technique you can implement to optimize and expedite your weight loss efforts is obtaining professional guidance. While some people find it possible to lose weight on their own, many individuals enjoy attaining assistance from industry experts who have extensive knowledge regarding how to help people shed excess pounds in a healthy way. If you’re looking for a bariatric weight loss program, know that the professionals of Southern Nevada Bariatrics can assist you!
Start Losing Weight Now!
Three strategies that can jumpstart your weight loss journey are outlined above. Start incorporating these weight loss techniques into your lifestyle now so you can see the dynamic, dramatic results that will change your world forever!
Who does not want to lose weight and look smarter and more attractive? In fact may be all of us have wanted to at some point of time. Then what differentiates you from those who have gone ahead and done it? Firstly their determination to lose weight and secondly selection of the right weight loss program. Not every one has the money to go to the surgeon and come out looking like a diva. Nor does every one find the whole deal about going under the knife quite attractive as all have heard about the numerous surgeries gone wrong.
Here are some simple tips for losing weight that don’t cost much money and are risk-free too:
- Increase your intake of water: Water is the most important nutrient as it has the power of flushing out all the toxic elements from the body and maintain the metabolism of the body. Drinking at least 10 glasses of water is a must. Start your day with a glass of luke warm water and add a few drops of lime juice and honey to it. Don’t be afraid of the honey as although it is sweet it does not have sugar and ha numerous medicinal properties that are great for a good digestion.
- Take out time during the day for some exercise: Exercise does not necessarily mean an hour’s workout at the gym. Depending on your daily routine see the time you can take out and which exercise you can accommodate during that time. It can be a walk, cycling, yoga, treadmill or whichever form of exercise that suits your body and schedule. If due to some reason you are unable to take out time in the morning, try to shift your exercise in the evening. Especially for working women or ladies with small kids taking out time seems next to impossible. Try to put in some exercise when the kids are off to school, studying, playing or sleeping. This way you shall be bale to manage your work as well as exercise.
- Don’t procrastinate: Always remember the more you postpone weight-loss the harder it would be for you to lose those extra pounds. If you feel you are too tied-up to start exercising today you are sure to feel so even after 1 year. The initiative to lose weight has to come as soon as possible. The sooner you work on those extra pounds the faster you would lose them.
- Don’t start any drastic diet: It is not sensible to start any drastic diets that ask you eat abnormally low quantities of food or to completely remove any item from your diet. The problem with such diets is that they are not healthy for the body and the minute you stop these diets your body does a rebound and the weight comes back faster than you could have ever imagined. Completely removing any food from your diet would increase your craving for the food and you may end up binge eating at the first given opportunity, wasting all the effort you had put in for such a long time.
Till about a few decades earlier one only heard of diet and exercise as the techniques for losing weight. However, in todays body conscious world various methods, techniques, drugs etc have come in the picture that claim to give you a body shape you always desired to have. People no longer have qualms of going under the knife to get the body of their dreams. So how safe are such surgical treatments and do they actually last?
When we talk about surgical weight loss treatment there are a number of options:
- Lap-band surgery: In this surgical treatment the surgeon uses a prosthetic devise known as the lap-band and separates the stomach into two parts. The lap-band is actually similar to a ring and forms a pouch like structure in the stomach. The bigger part of the stomach stays below the smaller part that was formed using the lap-band. The smaller stomach created by the lap-band reduces your appetite as you would now feel full faster as the net capacity of the stomach has been reduced. This reduced appetite would help you lose weight effectively. The science behind this surgery is to make the person feel satiated faster and keep feeling full for longer durations. This surgery is generally recommended for people who are abnormally obese and for those for whom their food intake is enormous. Also this surgery is generally recommended only if your excess weight is posing to be a life threatening problem for you.
- Gastric Balloon surgery: This is also one of the renowned weight loss surgeries that use a premium quality silicon balloon, placement tube and filling system. This balloon is inserted in the stomach by surgery and the objective of the balloon is to make you feel satiated soon and thereby reduce your appetite significantly. Apart from satiating your appetite it also gives you the impression of having a full stomach for longer periods thereby increasing the gap between two meals. The best part about this surgery is that it is an out-patient surgical procedure that takes not more than half an hour. Just a few hours of rest post the surgery and you would be sent home by the end of the day. The first week the patient is put on a liquid diet with high water intake. Thereby the dietician advises you on how to plan your meals for the day that include solids too. You should be prepared for a 6 month regime of a diet program after inserting the balloon. You would be offered proper training and guidance by a team of experts who would track your weight, diet, progress, regime with diligence for maximum weight loss possible. The program focuses on altering your lifestyle in such a way that you start leading your lifestyle in the appropriate manner even when the balloon is no longer there in the stomach. The best part about this surgery is that it is not a stop gap measure. It educates and modifies your life for the better so that you don’t suffer from obesity again in your life.
If you have tried everything to lose weight and are considered obese or morbidly obese by your doctor, then bariatric surgery Tampa offices offer might be an option. This is a surgery that will decrease the size of the stomach so that you feel full in a shorter amount of time. This will help to decrease the number of calories that you consume while eating, which will result in weight loss. There are a few things to keep in mind before the surgery so that you know what to expect.
The doctor might want you to begin a diet that is low in calories so that your body can become adjusted to the decreased amount. You will likely be put on a liquid diet for the first few days or weeks after surgery. This will help trigger the weight loss in the body. There are a few types of bariatric surgery that can be performed. One is a method that will decrease the size of the stomach by cutting a portion of the top of the stomach area and sealing it from the remainder of the stomach. This will result in a pouch with a route created with the small intestine.
Another common method is lap banding. A band is placed around the stomach so that it stays at a smaller size. This is an option for those who need to lose weight in order to learn how to eat healthy and exercise. When you begin losing weight and have changed some of the lifestyle choices that have resulted in being overweight, then the band can be released so that the stomach is larger in size.
The first 12 weeks after surgery are crucial. The doctor will put you on a diet, and it’s important to stay with that diet so that you can heal and begin to lose weight. You will probably see the doctor once a month or every other month to monitor your weight loss progress. There are some effects, such as feeling cold and mood changes, that you might experience after surgery. You can often start to see some of the results from surgery within the first few weeks.